2.11.10

Alber Elbaz for H&M


Now I don’t want to sound like a sissy, but there are few designers whose clothes I long to wear as much as Alber Elbaz’s creations for Lanvin. So knowing that his creative flair is soon to be applied to a capsule diffusion-of- a-diffusion collection for H&M fills me with a certain amount of joy and anticipation.

Yes I know that the taffeta won’t crunch they way it would on a couture piece, nor will the draping be as overtly voluptuous as that of the dresses he creates for the catwalk, but I don’t care. I’m intrigued to see how the limitations of fabric budgets etc will affect Elbaz relaying his signature style

Celebrity clothing lines really don’t do it for me, but there have been a few designer diffusions that have interested me - namely Viktor & Rolf for H&M and Jil Sander for Uniqlo. The question is, do I love it enough to get my elbows out against all those others who want a piece of the couture pie?!